Tuesday, April 21, 2009

20 years ago... The Nintendo Gameboy was released



That's right. 20 years ago on April 21, the Nintendo Gameboy was released in Japan. It was later released in North America in August... What a wonderful gaming system. It was just so awesome! I wish I still had mine... I had a solid black one. That obviously means I didn't get one right away. I waited for a while. I remember when I had it, though I thought, "Wow... A video game.. In my hands! I mean it's RIGHT HERE!" My first game was Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. It was GREAT! I must have been in 2nd or 3rd grade... I remember I soon got Pokémon Blue for it. That then helped fuel my Pokémon obsession. Nintendo sure does know what they are doing when it comes to their handheld systems. I can't believe the Gameboy is 20 years old today! That's how old I'm gonna be in a couple of months! Wow! 2 decades... It's all just so amazing...

Thanks for reading!
PEACE!!!

3 comments:

  1. you make it sound like you got one twenty years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did!!! I got one for Christmas the first year they came out! Wow, I'm getting old :)

    ReplyDelete